Rox in the City

Singletons Guide to the Galaxy: A Thrills and Frills Blog

Monday, June 06, 2005

Bunny Hugger in the City

Posted by Hello

Cats: Cuddly

I am a bunny hugger. I am, really. I am vegetarian, I don't wear fur, I don't use products that have been tested on animals and I have assumed myself to be aware of these things. But recently I was shaken out of my habitual cool when I discovered that pet food is tested on pets. And I don't mean that Fluffy gets a lifetime supply of Chicken Crunch either. I mean dogs having chunks of muscle removed from their legs to test the effect diet has on muscle tone. I mean cats having their stomachs exposed to test out a new fibre-increased diet. IAMS is responsible for these tests and more. Ironic as hell, animal lovers feeding their beloved pets food that has indirectly caused other pets to die. As I can't go and release all the lab pets and burn down the lab, the next best thing is to boycott their asses.