Rox in the City

Singletons Guide to the Galaxy: A Thrills and Frills Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2006

If you've got love in your sites...watch out



...love bites. It bleeds.This week just proves yet again that love ain't all roses and cuddles, with a good friend turning to drugs and my sister seeing her man effectively sell himself to a tourist to get out of here. If that wasn't enough of a shocker, the real eye-opener came when I realised how many of our friends have been hurt in the last few months. Enough to get a support group going actually, which is kinda what we will be doing. This one won't involve group hugs and strangers though, more like revenge and plotting.
Yes, yes...I know it doesn't always end in tears, but in my circle, it somehow seems to end in high drama.
One thing's for sure, it makes me glad to be single and uncomplicated!